Equilibrium – support for families with children with disabilities from Iasi
Implementation dates: 14.04.2015 – 14.04.2016
Project’s duration: 12 months
Implementatin area: România, Iaşi County
Budget: 317.560 €
Promoter: Iasi County Council
Parteners: General Direction for Social Assistance and Child Protection Iasi, Association for Continous Development AD PLUS Iasi.
General purpose of the project is to promote the gender equity and the equilibrium between professional and family life.
Specific objectives are:
– Improvement the equilibrium between professional and private life for 25 families from Iasi town who are caring children with disabilities by creating a day center for children with age between 0 and 7 years old.
– Increasing the information and sensibility degree of public opinion from Iasi County (including roma community) regarding the importance of gender equality.
– 25 families, from which minimum 5 families from roma community, that accomplish all the following conditions: are living in Iasi town, have a child with disability aged up to seven years who has a recommendation for day center services, and want to involve in the project’s activities in order to balance the professional and family life.
– 10 ethics roma involved in an inter-professional network against gender stereotypes
– 10 specialists from public institutions or NGOs from Iasi town.
– Preparing and endowment of the Day center for children with disabilities;
– Hiring and training the staff that will work on Day Center.
– Offering services within Day Center “Equilibrium”: education and teaching non-formal and informal, recuperation and therapy, recreation and social activities, school orientation, psychological guidance for children and parents.
– Creating an professional network for combat the gender stereotypes with specialists from various fields, including civil society representatives.
– Promoting good practices regarding gender equality .
The project is financed by RO11 Program, Financial mechanism SEE 2009 – 2014.